Sunday, September 1, 2013

Grandma's Little Buddy


My wonderful mother came up this past week to take care of me and my son while I rested and loved on my little Bitty Girl. She was amazing. I couldn't have made it through the week without her. And now she has a new little buddy in Wee Boy. These two were inseparable as they gallivanted around buying new clothes, frequenting lunch establishments, getting hair cuts, and just being pals.
But while I loved their togetherness, I had to hold my tongue as much as possible when I came down to breakfast to see my child covered in chocolate milk and chocolate breakfast cereal, It's a cute image don't get me wrong. Isn't he the picture of a silly and happy little boy, complete with the chocolate marshmallow stuck to his face right next to his eye? But while I have been known to feed my child sugar, there is and always will be a great discrepancy between mama diets and grandma diets - something I believe my sweet mother takes some amount of joy in.
 
 
I'm just sorry for the pain my child faced on Saturday as he went through detox.
 

No comments: