Friday, October 25, 2013

Cheeks and I and Matthew and Wee Boy have made it 2 Months

Yep, Cheeks' survival to date has definitely been a family achievement. She is turning into a much calmer child and sleep is most certainly better now than it was a few weeks ago, and life with two babes is finally easing just a smidge. As of this week, it no longer takes two hours with shift changes to get the girl babe to bed. And once she's asleep she can do 8 hours beautifully. After a really rocky start, I didn't think 8 hours by 8 weeks was going to be possible, but as if by magic, she has opted for self preservation and slept longer much sooner and with less parental effort than her male counterpart. During the day, sleep is still a bit dodgy. She's actually great at falling asleep on her own without tears, it's the sleeping longer than 30 minutes than can be tricksters. But we're working on it. 

Okay, enough about sleeping. I really am falling in love with my daughter. She is so patient with her brother when he's kissing her, shaking hands, getting really close to say hello, or climbing on her to get somewhere else. And really, except for her bouts with crankiness she is patient with us all. I know I've heard it all before from other veteran parents but each child really does need to be parented to their own personality. I had heard it but I wasn't expecting to have to start as young as a month old. So between juggling two small children and learning how to give her what she needs, I'm thankful that she has been as patient with me as she has been. Every week life gets a little easier. Thank you darling Cheeks for being a beautiful daughter and I take full responsibility for all the strife we've gone through over the last two months. Here's to becoming better friends in the next two to 600 months.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not that you were asking for advice BUT my first born was like your little girl. After lots of trial and error I finally discovered I was putting her down way too late.

After reading Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child, I decided the magical hour for bed time is 7 p.m. I actually start putting my babies down at 6:30 pm. What I found is that naps get longer, they start to sleep better and pretty soon they go from 7 pm to 7 am every day.

Anyway, good luck!!!

Kristi