Saturday, October 19, 2013

Early Halloween - Obligatory Photos

We aren't taking Wee Boy and Cheeks trick-er-treating this year, mainly because I am a firm believer that a child should beg for his/her own candy without parental intervention. And since neither one is talking neither one gets the reward. Not that the boy child doesn't get all sorts of treats from his parents so don't worry that he is being deprived somehow.

But since we aren't trick-er-treating and since our ward doesn't have a trunk-er-treat and since no one we know is having a Halloween party I decided there was no reason to buy/make Halloween outfits for my children. When I mentioned this to some friends they loudly protested saying that my children might be just fine with not having Halloween photos dating to their birth but I wouldn't be. The cuteness factor, they claimed, was just too high to be ignored.

I wasn't convinced by their impassioned cajoling, but my mother aided their cause by buying costumes for them. Five minutes after trying them on the babes I was sold. After that, it was just a matter of making it to my friend's house so she could take photos with her fancy dance camera.

Without further adieu, I bring you the cheerful monster and the disgruntled ladybug. Thank you Ms. Brinton and thank you Mamacita.


No comments: