Sunday, November 10, 2013

Recent Crafting

I have been on a super sewing kick these days. Any day with at least a little bit of time at the machine is a happy one. And no, I'm not all that great at keeping the house super clean while I am on a sewing binge, but Matthew is not squawking too loudly about it either so I continue to plug away.

Here are my most recent projects. Thank you Pinterest for the inspirations.

I saw something about how to meld grocery bags together and it seemed like a good way to use up some of the bags collecting on the side of my refrigerator. It's actually held up pretty well with the limited use it's gotten so far. If you like it, you just might get one.
 
Some letters, numbers, and handy storage bag I made using my seemingly endless supply of fabric scraps. Somehow fabric scraps and grocery bags are found in copious quantities around here. Wee Boy is still a bit too young to be learning his letters and I fear that having both uppercase and lowercase letters together might confuse him, but for now I am too lazy to separate them.
 
I've always wanted a Christmas Tree Skirt but was too cheap to buy one, so the couple of years we've actually had a Christmas tree I've just draped a sheet around the tree stand. Not anymore thanks to yet more fabric scraps I had just laying around. This is my favorite craft of the bunch. I even came up with the pattern for it all by my onesies. Ooh la la. So fancy.

Also sewn, but not pictured is a new pair of pajama pants I made for Matthew since the last pair I made him years ago were pretty trashed. If I ever get around to making Wee Boy a matching pair I will post a picture - because the cuteness factor of father and his wee son matching is too high to not be photographed.

Thanks for indulging me. LOVE.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

love the tree skirt!! awesome job!