Friday, November 29, 2013

Wee Boy is Nursery Age


Can you tell my son has a new way of smiling? Before it was all cheese all the time, and now it's wide open, as if he's mid "hooray!" I still love it though. At a year and a half, this boy has exactly one word he is proficient at saying, "hi." He's starting to get down a few key animal sounds, but otherwise all we get out of this one is a good, solid "hi." Ah speech. Someday you will be our child's constant companion. In the meantime, we love his surge into mute independence, complete with moving the chairs around the kitchen to get into anything and everything. Mostly he just wants to "help." Help with cooking, help with cleaning, help with Cheeks. But sometimes that "help" means a lot of me saying "if you touch that again, I'm banishing you." His most defining characteristic is curiosity. If he's left to his own devices he is most likely exploring some new, now available to him, territory. Thankfully for this little one, his moments of absolute adorableness outnumber his moments that make me want to punt him. He is my kisser, my helper, and my explorer and I can't get enough of his sweet personality.

No comments: