Monday, January 6, 2014

We've Created a Thumb Sucker

In hopes of helping our sweet Cheeks sleep through the night, we decided that she was becoming too addicted to her pacifier. It came to a head one night when she woke up every hour searching for her paci. The husband and I made the decision to take away the pacifier to see how she would handle it. That very night, she slept a BEAUTIFUL 12 hours. Ah sweet relief. After a trying month of sleep training, this was heaven sent. Even better was the week's worth of similar beauty. But oh, dilemma, I think we have created a thumb-sucker.

2 comments:

Michael Asay said...

Thumbsucker alumi reporting in . . . it's going to be okay.

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Jon, our youngest, is a thumb sucker and he has been the BEST sleeper! He's started sleeping through the night the earliest (3 mos.) and the only one that we didn't have to sleep train. I fought him long and hard on that thumb, but Heavenly Father knew better than me....I needed a good sleeper!! I'll figure out how to wean him later :)