Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tabasco Isn't for Little Boys

I think I've documented my child's foray into banana peels. Today I bring you his intro to Tabasco sauce. 
Matthew had pulled it out to put on his breakfast but hadn't gotten around to putting it and his dishes away before going outside to shovel the beginnings of our epic snow storm. Wee Boy being the curious type that he is went over and helped himself to pouring it in his father's forsaken juice glass. I saw what he was doing out of the corner of my eye and distinctly remember mumbling some warning to my child but left him to his own devices while I fed Cheeks. The next thing I know he had enough poured into the glass that the next logical step would be to drink it. What ensued was A LOT of crying and clumsy pawing at his mouth and tongue in an ill-conceived attempt to cure the pain. 

How sad is that little face. Now lest you think I am an awful parent, I did offer this poor soul milk, juice, the rest of his breakfast, even a cookie before I reached for my camera. He didn't want them. So all I could reasonably do was document his experience for posterity. Really, it was my only option.


Eventually though he did talk himself into eating the proffered cookie. Ah sweet relief, even if he does have a red little face and a runny nose.

No comments: