Sunday, March 30, 2014

I LOVE my Family





I am hoping to post a few more pictures of my family during my sister's wedding weekend, but the sentiments are the same so here we go.

I am absolutely 100% in love with my family. The little family I have now, that's a given, but this post is dedicated to the family I was born into. I remember a time in high school when most of my siblings either still lived at home or were at least remotely close by. We played a lot of games, laughed and just enjoyed each other's company. I remember being sad that this time of our lives couldn't last forever. Now flash forward, oh heavens, twenty years, and I am even more fiercely in love with my family now than I was then. I love my nieces and nephews, I adore my in-laws, but there is something special about having time with just your siblings (even if I was trucking around my children the entire weekend). I drank in every second I had with them. Conversation amongst us was often entertaining, sometimes thought-provoking but always good-natured. And to make matters even better all of my siblings were extra super duper kind to my children.

  • I loved that my brother Paul brought his daughter who is Wee Boy's age so our children could play and get into mischief together. I also loved that Paul didn't yell at my son for jumping into his daughter's crib right after he had put her down for a nap.
  • I loved that my sister Megan was so very kind to allow Paul and I to leave our almost two year-olds behind with her so the rest of us could go gallivanting through Virginia. And I loved that she graciously let me drop her off at the airport WELL before her scheduled departure so I could get my babies home.
  • I loved that my brother Jared thoughtfully donated to my gasoline fund.
  • I loved that my brother Joshua chivalrously donated a shirt to my daughter who was embarrassingly without clothes once she threw up all over them. (Hence her unusual attire above)
  • I loved that my brother Phillip who has been going through some serious Job-esque trials was discharged from the hospital that weekend and was willing to let us spend some time with him despite his obvious fatigue.
  • Again, I loved that all my siblings fed, held and all around loved on my children.
  • I loved that I felt the Spirit the entire weekend and wet my pillow after I got home with tears of gratitude for my family. They mean the world to me and I am grateful they are mine for eternity. Families can truly be Together Forever.
Thank you parents for raising wonderful children and being such good examples of love, kindness and humor for us to follow. You are definitely parents to emulate and I love love LOVE you.

1 comment:

ME said...

I love you too, dear sister.