Monday, September 29, 2014

We Love Cousins

I don't have many memories of growing up with cousins, so I am so excited to live reasonably close to my older brother and sister and their children. They are always so sweet to my children. But there is a special cuteness with cousins your own age. So when my younger brother said he would be in Virginia visiting my parents for a couple of weeks I allowed myself to be talked into making the trip down to see him and his children. His oldest daughter is just five weeks younger than Wee Boy and his younger daughter is 6 months younger than Cheeks.

Wee Boy and cousin E could spend all day, if we let them, throwing rocks into the lake in my parent's backyard. It was beyond adorable to see them out there finding rocks, sticks, acorns or even dirt clods to throw into the water. They may have gotten a little wet and dirty in the process but what's childhood without mud?

Cheeks and cousin P while not quite as mobile and dirty were just as enthralled at each other. Anytime cousin P was awake, Cheeks would be over staring into her face completely oblivious to any sense of personal space. Thankfully Cousin P didn't seem to mind and thankfully Cheeks was mostly gentle with her cousin.

My original plan was to drive down Wednesday and come home on Saturday but the children were having so much fun playing together and eating themselves silly with fruit snacks that I again allowed myself to be talked into staying through the weekend and leaving Monday instead. Matthew was sad about the extension but the kids could have spent another week together I am sure. Oh how we LOVE cousins.

IMG_3746.JPGIMG_3745.JPG
 

IMAG1282.jpgIMG_3761.JPG
 

No comments: