Friday, April 17, 2015

Best Friend's Day Out

This girl. How I have loved this girl over the last three years. My dear friend moved to the Allentown area the same time we did. . . .

Okay, I've been trying for a while to express my feelings for this woman who has become my best friend (after Matthew); something I haven't had since . . . a really long time. Question. Why is it hard for adults to admit they have Best Friends? Is it just me? Am I that socially awkward? What was even more awkward was admitting to her that she was my best friend, while hoping she would admit the same but trying really hard to be ok if she didn't feel the same. Holy Smokes, adult friendships are hard. But my friendship with her was/is anything but.

My dear Malesa is kind, funny, genuine, honest, and our friendship was ALWAYS uplifting, entertaining and full of mutual admiration. And since, like I said, she is the best friend (after Matthew) I've had in a long time, it was only fair that we spend a day together moseying around NYC before I left town, for what may or may not be forever. We considered seeing a Broadway show but decided it would cut into our chatting time so we opted for walking, shopping, walking, the Guggenheim, walking, and Indian Food. There may have been some more walking in there too, oh and lots and lots of talking, 12 hours of it!!!
 
 
So while I am excited to move and have new experiences; and while I am sad to be leaving Wegmans and my house, my ward and other dear friends, I am most sad to be leaving this girl right here. Thankfully our husbands like each other so hopefully joint family vacations may be in our future.
 
P.S. I may have wept bitter tears the day we said goodbye.

No comments: