Monday, May 11, 2015

The End of an Era

Matthew and I have been married for almost ten years and we have never lived anywhere longer than we have in this house (a little less than 3 years). Add to it that Wee Boy was 3 weeks old when we moved in so this is the only house either of our babies have ever known. It was hard to say goodbye to the memories of this house. This is kind of weird to say having grown up a military brat. Houses were just houses. But maybe because I have children now, maybe because I am older, maybe because I actually owned and did fun projects to this house, or maybe because there is still so much uncertainty about our future, but it really feels totally different than any other move. I have LOVED this home. I have loved making it mine, I have loved feeling like a real adult here. I have loved raising my children here. I have LOVED this home. This picture was taken by our packer in the last few minutes before the kids and I loaded into the car to set off. Goodbye Macungie!!!!

No comments: