Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday Quiet Time

My children, sadly, have more or less aged out of naps. Sigh. But I have recently started doing reverse quiet time, wherein, I put myself in my room and tell the Boy and Girl Howdys that they are not to come get me until the big hand of the clock is at a certain point. I have been gratefully surprised at how well this has worked in my favor thus far. Tender mercies. We don't always do it, but Sundays after church and lunch are a must (I guess until we move to 11:00 church in a few months). We've only done it two Sundays but both attempts have met with rousing success. Today when I came out of my room feeling ready to be a mom again, I found Cheeks asleep cuddled next to her dad (along with monkey and baby, also tucked in). It took me a little longer to find the Boy Howdy. I had to search both floors a couple of times before I finally found him in the hall closet cuddled up on a big pillow with some books. Oh how I love having a completely quiet house for some portion of the afternoon.


P.S. The children weren't initially super keen on quiet time but the promise of chocolate pudding afterwards proved enough of a motivator to not bother me or their father. Sweet bliss.

No comments: