Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Mother's Day cards from my children have begun and I kind of love it. Cheeks' Nursery Leaders went above and beyond with their incredibly adorable Mother's Day card. I may keep it forever. (I tried to get Cheeks to pose with her card, no dice. This is as close as it gets).



Boy Howdy made a card at preschool which is also super cute. The front he made sure to tell me is covered in little spiders he drew (he's really into drawing spiders right now). The inside is simple and doesn't look like it has his stamp of personalization at all until you eye it closely and notice that he has written his name, ever so sweetly and lightly. Preschool gets all the credit for him spelling his name. I may keep this one forever too.


The other day I was feeling kind of sorry for myself and told the kids I was feeling sad because I had no friends. Boy Howdy responded with, "But Mama, you've got us sillers! We're your friends!" Then he had me kneel down so he could give me a kiss on the cheek. Ahhh these children. They test the outer limits of my patience most days but they are my favorites and I owe a great deal of joy to their sweet faces. I remember life without children and while there are days I wish I could just sew all day and not worry about messes or dirty faces, life with them is definitely better.

No comments: