Monday, May 2, 2016

Sweet Childhood


A few weeks ago we bought an inflatable pool from Target. Whenever the weather edges above 80 degrees we fill it up and put the kids in their swimsuits. Mostly they stand just outside and splash the water using various implements. I figure it's their water, they can play as they like. Today, they played a little with the water (again, from outside the pool) but mostly they just wanted to dump mud in it. Oh . . .kay. They bored pretty quickly and I changed them back into their regular clothes. Later that day they decided they wanted to revisit the water. At first it was all about getting their feet wet so they could see their wet footprints on the cement. But Boy Howdy, my usually ultra fastidious little boy, quickly moved from getting his feet wet to splashing to swimming and pouring cupfuls of yucky muddy water on his head. It didn't take much convincing to get his sister to join him and soon they were both playing alligators in their "pond". I love watching my children play happily together even if it means baths and extra laundry for me later.

No comments: