Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Allentown Trip

Sooo, we extended our East Coast trip so we could see the Philadelphia temple in all its completed glory but seeing my best friend Malesa and her family may have also been a BIG bonus. I love this girl. I think I have already documented my feelings for her on this blog but what was so awesome was to find that the feelings have not diminished after not being away for over a year. We will always be friends and we look forward to me bringing Matthew with me on our next visit.

But for this trip it was me and the babes hanging out with the Brintons for a long weekend.
After our somewhat successful venture to the temple we stopped at a Philadelphia playground for the kids to play before heading back to Allentown. That Saturday may have been the muggiest day of the year; we were all drippy messes by the time we got back to our cars, but the kids still managed to enjoy the swings and long wooden slide.

Later that day, I organized a girls' night at Wegmans  (ah Wegmans how I still miss you every time I grocery shop). Malesa, watched my kids for me while I basked in the love of so many wonderful women I came to adore during my time in Allentown. I felt so much love from them for coming out to support my little evening venture.

The following Monday I had another lunch soiree at Chick-fil-A with other women who I equally love but couldn't come on Saturday night. What wonderful women. I love my Kutztown Ward!

I loved my time with my Malesa, my kids loved their time with her children (especially with their creepy life-like horse)


I thought kids could sleep anywhere. I thought you could lay out a sleeping bag on the floor and they would be golden. This East Coast adventure taught me that, while some kids can do that, mine cannot. Oh how they craved defined borders in their sleep environments. Poor Boy Howdy was so done with not sleeping in his own bed. Sunday night, with our flight not leaving until Tuesday afternoon, he broke down and pleaded with me to get on the big airplane the next day. "Please mom!!" he cried with such pitiable emotion.

But a day later and many hugs of these two (seriously every time they saw each other was a new opportunity for a hug) we left eager for the next opportunity to be reunited. I love me some Brintons.

No comments: