Saturday, August 6, 2016

Philadelphia Temple Open House

"I Love to See the Temple" that is what we sing every time we drive passed the Portland, Oregon temple. The kids have a competition for who can see the spires of the temple first. We've also been to the temple's visitors center.
The Philadelphia Temple was announced while Matthew was finishing up Law School and 8 years later, having spent 5 years in Pennsylvania, and after a year away, it was FINALLY completed and ready for it's open house.We were already on the East Coast for family reunion so we just HAD to extend our trip by another few days to make it to see the temple we waited for and prayed for for so many years. Matthew couldn't be there, but I was excited to show my babies this temple.
We got the tickets on a Saturday morning at 8 am. With the temple being an hour away from where we were staying, this meant being out of the house at 6:45 to make sure we made it to the temple on time. Eek, early morning for all of us but especially for the kids who weren't waking up until 8:30 or 9 for the last three weeks.
We made it to the temple, but Boy Howdy was beyond tired and cranky and didn't want to have anything to do with putting on the booties or being remotely pleasant. Everything was boring and the booties were itchy. Those two complaints were repeated over and over again. Cheeks was just antsy in her pants and didn't want to be quiet within the temple. Exasperated after only a few short moments I left with the kids. Thankfully my dear friend Malesa saved me and offered to wait outside with my kids and her 6-month old baby while I went inside and viewed the gorgeous new temple. What an angel of mercy.
I loved my time and was so thankful to get to be there on that crazy hot August morning. Malesa took a picture of me manhandling my children in front of the temple. What a gem!

No comments: