Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Lake and a Grandpa

Ah this lake, my children have spent so much of their grandparent's time playing around this lake. It has been so fun to see my children play by this pond for the last 4 years. And thankfully they are getting old enough that I don't have to be directly beside them each time they venture outside. They got dirty every time they went out but at least they didn't venture into the lake on their own. They wanted to, but were smart enough to not to. And luckily enough no one fell in accidentally.



On the last Saturday we were in town, my dad took the kiddos on a ride in his canoe around the lake. They were in heaven to be on the lake, Boy Howdy killing spiders camped out in the boat with his water gun. 


But what made their lives complete was to swim IN the lake once their ride in the canoe was done.

My dad was so kind to help with bedtime while we were visiting. More than one night he generously read them their bedtime stories for which everyone was seemingly delighted, myself included!


I loved my time at my parent's house. I love how sweet they were with my children and went out of their way to make me feel their gratitude that we were there. I loved that being at my parent's house was full of love and support and, other than the shocking amount of sugar fed my children, I didn't have to cringe at anything done or said. I loved the extra time with my siblings and their families and the same love and support I felt from them. What a refreshing few weeks for my heart!

1 comment:

Skip and Emma Booren said...

Sariah,
I will be forever grateful for the time I was able to spend with you and your little ones. THANK YOU for sharing them with us. :-)