Thursday, September 15, 2016

Boy Howdy's Second First Day


Oh how I wanted Boy Howdy and Cheeks to be in preschool together this year. Partially for selfish reasons; I kind of want a few hours of alone time during the week. Partially because this is their only year to be in the same class together and I thought it would be fun. They will most likely still get that opportunity; but as of the first day of preschool, Boy Howdy went it alone because Cheeks has decided preschool is not enough motivation to give up her beloved diapers. Her persistence has been beyond maddening to me, but I know that eventually she'll get it and then, oh hallelujah, we will be a diaper free home. In the meantime, Boy Howdy had a great first day (though he wanted nothing to do with his name tag). No tears on either side. It felt more that he was coming back after winter vacation, no big deal. His second day didn't go as smoothly. He complained that preschool was too long and clung to me as I tried to leave. Poor boy. It makes me a little worried for going to all-day kindergarten next year, but I guess that it is a bridge we will cross when the time comes.

Wow, this is really stream of consciousness isn't it. As for Cheeks, that first day she was a conflicted panda. She so desperately wanted to be there and stay, but the pull of those dastardly diapers was just too strong. Thursday, though, she was all "see ya suckers, I'm going to a friend's house!" We'll see just how long she holds out.

Here's to a great last school year with both of my babies at home.

No comments: