Thursday, October 6, 2016

Halloween Crafts

Boy Howdy LOVES Halloween. It may be tied with Christmas in his love and adoration. His child heart has been yearning for more Halloween decorations and so, in a whim of good mothering, I came up with a couple of crafts for the children to do to help decorate our house.




For the first craft, I had the babes draw monsters on white paper, cut them out and then attached the smaller ones to our paper chain. I couldn't bring myself to throwing the bigger ones away so we taped them, including Cheeks' cheeseburger spider, to the window.


The next day I cut out 8 bats and had the Howdy's paint them with glue so we could pour glitter on them. I was hoping they would let us tape them on the wall next to our paper chain, but they wanted their room to be "spooky" and opted to tape them there instead. Mom fail - I didn't wait long enough for the glitter bats to dry, so glue and glitter dripped off them in big chunks. That's ok, they are still very spooky!

No comments: