Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Lettuce Sandwhiches


Partly out of laziness, partly out of a desire to reduce carb intake, I have neither made bread, nor purchased for my family for at least a couple of weeks. Every few days Cheeks or Boy Howdy mention they want a sandwich for lunch, each time I remind them we have no bread, and each time they recommend making some that day. It almost always sounds like a great idea and yet that poor bread just never gets made. 

Today Boy Howdy went to decide upon his lunch and decided he wanted to slice some cheese and dip it in his "special" sauce of blue cheese dressing. But since there was nothing else to dip, he moved to wanting to make a sandwich out of it all. Sorry boy, still no bread. "Well, I can just use lettuce mom!" I may have just about bursted with pride at both his ingenuity and his willingness to eat lettuce. I think he ate two lettuce sandwiches that day and another the next day. I could not say no to his request for more, even if it meant eating all our cheese. I will gladly buy more for this sweetheart!







Cheeks had to get in on the action.
P.S. Do you see the realness of that background? Sweet!

No comments: