Saturday, October 29, 2016

Pumpkin Carving 2016


Here we go, pumpkin carving 2016. I am loving how this event is evolving every year. This year, the kids were given more responsibility in emptying and decorating their pumpkins.




Cheeks may have been more excited about digging out the innards of her pumpkin than Boy Howdy. Not surprising. But Boy Howdy was definitely more serious about drawing his face on his pumpkin than Cheeks.
Look at that concentration level. His face was legit, but not totally pumpkin-carving appropriate. Still, Matthew did his best at interpreting his son's artistry. 

I LOVE this picture of Boy Howdy mesmerized by his father's carving. What a sweet picture of father and son.

This girl, while she had all sorts of enthusiasm for innards, could not commit to drawing anything other than scribbles on that pumpkin. At one point, she was actually putting pumpkin guts back into her gourd ("making soup" as she called it). 

Her final "face".

 And my interpretation of it. I think I did pretty well.

From left to right: Mine, Matthew's, Boy's and Girl's. I kind of love that the parent's pumpkins are happy and silly and the kids' are way more dark and sinister.

I mean, look at that face all lit up. That is a scary jack-o-lantern!

A few days later, Cheeks picked a bunch of flowers and decided our pumpkins WANTED to be pretty.

No comments: