Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Boy Howdy Rearranges His Room

A week or so ago Boy Howdy decided he wanted all his toys taken out of his room. The current rule is that their room has to be tidy if they want to watch a show. I think Boy Howdy decided that having to clean his room would be a lot easier without all the toys, even if it meant not having them at night to play with after being put to bed. The benefit, in his mind, greatly outweighed the sacrifice. We moved everything downstairs and I even managed to convince him AND his sister (which is a big deal since she never wants to get rid of anything) to pare down their current inventory. Everyone won that day.

Today, he made another big decision - let's rearrange my room. Oh, this is a boy after his mother's and ESPECIALLY maternal grandmother's heart. Growing up, my mother rearranged the furniture on a regular basis. So when he wanted to switch up his room, I decided it was an easy thing to let him win. He was very particular on where he wanted items to go, and except for having his bed shoot out in an odd area of the room, I respected his wishes. I think he is pleased with the result. Even if it meant having to clean under the furniture after it was moved.
 BEFORE 

AFTER

Happy Children. The next task will be to graduate Cheeks to a big girl bed sometime this summer - after I get her quilt completed.

No comments: