Saturday, February 25, 2017

Boy Howdy's First Quilt

Boy Howdy and I were supposed to have a date to a place where children of all ages can go and create art. He was so excited (he's currently going through a very artistically creative period). But then we all got sick this week and I didn't think he was well enough to go out in public. So we stayed home. In the afternoon I showed Cheeks the fabric I bought her for her big-girl bed quilt I am going to make her. Boy Howdy looked genuinely heartbroken when I told him he couldn't help sew it. In a moment of inspiration, he and I went on a date to the basement for his first real sewing experience.
Boy Howdy picked out some material from my stash, cut, pinned, sewed, ironed and quilted his very first quilt - all square foot of it. This boy's enthusiasm was completely endearing and my mother heart melted as he exclaimed again and again that this was "the BEST DAY EVER!"

 I may not be very good at selfies. But my sweet boy is good at smiling!


He got bored with quilting after a couple of minutes, so he let me practice my free hand quilting. We put in his name and the date and some other random doo-dads. I'm curious to see what he thinks of this in twenty years.

No comments: