Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunshine Makes Everyone Happy


 
We have had an especially rainy, dreary winter. I know we've seen the sun in the last couple of months, but I honestly can't remember when. Thursday night I may have had a nervous breakdown PLEADING with Heavenly Father to see the sun. I've been so edgy lately with the children, I was hoping that the weather was mostly to blame, not just me being a jerk of a mother.
The next morning, Friday, started out gloomy but quickly changed to sun. I felt certain a loving Father took pity on his very emotionally fragile daughter. The sun was shining, Matthew caught an early flight home from his business trip to Michigan, we went to a park all together as a family to soak in the almost spring sun. To top it off, Matthew and I walked around downtown Salem in the early evening hours getting the most of the last remaining rays. Wonderful day!! Boy Howdy even got the rare special treat of wearing a short sleeve shirt and his sandals to the park. His cup truly runneth over.

Saturday was rainy, but this morning, we were blessed with more sunshine. We got to walk to church, and Boy Howdy was allowed ANOTHER short-sleeved shirt. He was so excited he even wanted to wear a tie. Now, the tie was about three years too short for him, but he was wearing any tie so we let it go. But it was just too entertaining not to take a picture for the future. (Especially with Cheeks and her funny little expressions)

Yay for milder temperatures, Yay for sunshine and Yay for not feeling quite so edgy.

No comments: