Sunday, April 9, 2017

Boy Howdy Prays

I don't know what other parent's experiences are with teaching their children to pray, but for us, it's been a bit rocky. Despite our best attempts, they have not caught on to the joy of talking to their Heavenly Father the way we had hoped. But . . . they are making good steps into meaningful prayer. Boy Howdy especially has grown so much in the past month. I love hearing his pleas in behalf of himself and his family. He is so thoughtful in how he prays for his loved ones. And what's better, is that he will often ask the spokesperson for a given prayer to remember specific things in their prayer - to help Cheeks feel better, or that his owies will not hurt anymore. Hearing their sweet voices addressing our Heavenly Father has warmed this mother's heart. I am not as hip to their growing up as I thought I would be, but I do love watching them grow and mature in their understanding of spiritual things.

We are still learning though. e.g. Today, during church, Boy Howdy asked what a testimony was. I explained that a testimony is a statement of what we believe. I mentioned that I believe in Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. Boy Howdy said he believed in himself.

No comments: