Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Cheeks is Clever

Today I had a doctor's appointment. A GYN appointment. Matthew was gone and my very kind visiting teacher agreed to watch my babies for me. I dropped them off just before 3 and planned to pick them up sometime before dinner. With food coming so shortly for them I ordered them VERY specifically not to inquire after snacks. They were not to ask, not to mention their hunger in ANY way. I allowed them the ability to accept proffered nourishment but not to ask.

When I arrived to pick them up, they had most definitely been eating, and probably had the whole time. When I asked my darling friend if they had asked for food, giving my firm instructions to the contrary, she chuckled and made mention that my daughter's question made much more sense now.

Apparently, some time after I dropped them off, Cheeks turned to her and asked, "Are you planning to offer us snacks?" My friend was taken aback by her wording and showed her the snack drawer to which Cheeks gladly helped herself. When I made my inquiry, it all became clear. Funny girl. She may not know her letters or numbers, but she is a first-rate problem solver. She got what she wanted while still, in her mind, obeying my orders. Heaven help us all.

No comments: