Monday, May 8, 2017

Courtside Reunion - Chicago 2017







Every time I visit with these ladies I am always surprised at how much I love them. This trip, I was worried about how it was all going to go. Somehow I was unofficially designated to organize it, but it seemed no one wanted to be organized. Flights weren't being booked, people didn't want to commit to an itinerary. I wasn't sure if anyone would actually show up. It didn't help that after a series of setbacks no one was ready to pick me up from the airport and I was left to wait by myself for almost an hour. Not a big deal, but it didn't help my concerns for the weekend. But those were shortly laid to rest as soon as I saw these lovely ladies that do so much to fill my cup. We shopped, got pedicures, went running, saw a play, went out to eat (which included allowing our waitress to order our entire completely yummy meal for us), went on a boat tour of the city, got roped into a street performance which included people jumping over us, sped visited an art museum, went to church, saw my friend's son's baseball game and laughed and loved and renewed souls. I loved my trip and I love these women I have known for almost 20 years. Holy Smokes. 


Outside the Chicago Temple with Lins and Jen.

No comments: