Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Nichole Visits

This past week, my sister Nichole came to Oregon for a visit with her husband, son, step-daughter and grandson. She stayed with our sister in Dallas, Oregon and the kids and I got to play with them for the week while Matthew was gone. It was WONDERFUL. Absolutely wonderful.

We played at the park, went to the beach, hung out at Melissa's house, went to the zoo, had a big family Sunday dinner and had a sister's adventure. With Matthew gone, we had no reason to go home, so we had dinner almost every day at Melissa's. I gave the kids the choice every day to play with their cousins, to stay for dinner, or to go home and watch shows. By Friday I was kind of hoping they would choose the latter, but they ALWAYS chose their cousins. What a lovely way to spend a week.
Beach day and Zoo day

But the best, was our sisters' adventure! Tuesday, Matthew graciously came home after lunch so I could spend the afternoon and evening with my sisters. We met up in Portland and did the 4T trail which consisted of a 3-mile Trail (that went from the zoo to OHSU), the Tram (from OHSU to the bottom of the hill), the Trolley (taking us into downtown Portland for a very yummy Indian dinner), and the Train (from downtown back to the zoo).

We didn't start the hike portion of the adventure until 3:30 or so on a very warm day in Portland. It didn't help that the beginning of the trail was pretty steep uphill. Nichole was certain she was going to die at some point so she brought her ID to help the police alert her husband of her sudden demise. It became the joke of the day. Thankfully after the initial segment, the rest of the trail was mostly shaded and not as extreme. We talked, we laughed, we sweated a ton, and no one died! A perfect adventure for these sisters.



I ended the night EXHAUSTED but so thankful I have these three wonderful sisters whom I love and adore. I am sad Nichole doesn't live close by but I am grateful that her visit prompted such fun gatherings.

Thank you parents for being willing to bring so many children into this world. They mean everything to me.

No comments: