Sunday, August 27, 2017

Cheeks Celebrates Her Birthday

This sweet little flibberty-gibbet is now a 4-year old. She is still so happy so much of the day. She is constantly walking on her toes and flitting around the house. The only time she is cross is when she has been asked to do something she doesn't want to do, which is generally cleaning or getting her hair brushed. 

She eats, walks, dresses, and loves in a way that is so particular to her own unique and quirky personality. I was thinking the other day about the love languages of my children. Cheeks' is most definitely touch. She is all kisses and hugs. And if she doesn't get her nightly tuck in complete with an extra hug and kiss (despite hopping out of bed as soon as I leave the room) she is totally undone until I come back and remedy the situation. 

I love this little girl. I am excited to have this year to have time with just her. I have no doubt we will use our time well.



 The morning of her birthday we made mini cupcakes, chocolate with peanut butter frosting, with her own cute style of decorating. Boy Howdy was systematic and consistent, Cheeks wanted variety and fun. The cupcakes we took to Buell County Park to share with her friends, but the cake was saved for after presents and dinner later. It was yummy.


Buell County Park is an out of the way park set on a little stream just 20 miles from our house. This was only our second time there, but I think we are hooked. 


Cheeks, I don't think, would have been so eager to leave the park had we not presents to open with daddy as soon as we got home. When I asked her the day before whether she wanted to open her presents in the morning or later on after Matthew got home, she opted to wait. She was perfectly serene about the whole matter, but Boy Howdy was BESIDE himself with anxiety about knowing what was in those boxes - his own gift to her was presented as soon as they woke up.

Still in her bathing suit as soon as we got home, she (along with unsolicited help from her brother) opened her presents. The scooter was a hit. I, myself, am also quite taken with it.

So there we have it. One boy ready to start kindergarten and eager to grow up and one little girl desperate to stay little for as long as possible. I am so thankful for them both.

No comments: