Sunday, August 27, 2017

Summer 2017 - As it Comes to a Close

As this summer starts to close around us and we prepare for school and schedules to start and life to change forever, I am happy with the memories of the summer. Apart from my trip to Michigan with Matthew, we haven't had any big plans to break up the months and yet, they have passed very pleasantly. So what have we done?

We picked strawberries, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches and cucumbers.
We went to the beach.
We did crafts and had friends over to play.
We played at my sister's house and stayed home.
We went to parks and rivers and splash pads and pools.
We went to OMSI, the Portland Children's Museum, the Zoo and the Gilbert House.

At the beginning of the summer I made a calendar scheduling out the summer. I was certain, that without it, the summer threatened to overwhelm me with days to somehow fill. With the exception of craft days on Mondays we have not kept to my plan at all, and yet, I have enjoyed this summer with my babies.

No comments: