Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Commissioned Quilt

I haven't been very good about posting my quilting projects, but I'm pretty proud of this one. What I love most about this piece is that a few months ago I happened to be looking at fabric and absolutely fell in love with this collection. I don't need any new quilts (especially when I have four quilts made almost entirely out of scraps) but I really wanted to use this material somehow.

So I posted it on Facebook asking if anyone wanted to commission a quilt. Matthew's aunt Tracy, wonderful woman she is, decided to patronize me once again (I already made her grandson a quilt). I'm so glad she did. Not only is she incredibly generous in her payment, but she makes me feel amazing in her lavish praise.

I will most likely never make a living sewing quilts for others, and I'm okay with that, but I am grateful when I can work and sew at the same time.

No comments: