Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween 2017

Halloween definitely ranks very high in the hearts of my children. All year they make lists of what they want to be for the holiday. Boy Howdy finally landed on Blood Monster. He even drew me a picture of him trick or treating in his costume.
I had no idea how I was going to recreate his vision. It honestly kind of stressed me out. Eventually I asked and he agreed to let me make his costume like his ghost from last year. I made it for him, thinking I would alter it to better fit his idea. Nope. No more fuss. He liked it the way it was, but decided he would be a blood bat instead. Not quite sure what a blood bat is but as long as my boy is happy I am happy. Win-win.

Cheeks eventually settled on cotton candy. I found some inspiration on Pinterest. It mostly made it through the trunk or treat at church. She even won a medal (for her pink puffy mystery costume - they were unsure if she was a loofah or a cloud). She wore the medal proudly for the next several days. Sadly I didn't take a picture of her in it because it didn't really make it past that evening. The fluff kept falling off the shirt and I had to diligently follow her around the church with a can of spray glue to put her back together. By Tuesday she had reconsidered her cotton candy costume and decided instead on being a butterfly. I tried getting her to put on some makeup to add credence to her costume but she was against anything of the sort. So my children may look as though their mother doesn't care about them at all; but I promise I really did try.

No comments: