Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A Master of Legos


From Matthew's blog:

I have a long history with legos. They are a big part of my formative years, from castles to spaceships. I'm big on spaceships.

The point of saying that is I'm an expert. I know how to play with them, and turn any pile of ordinary or un-ordinary pieces into something extraordinary. Last night though, I saw something that truly put me to shame. It was a new way to play with legos.

I guess I never really considered how my lego people felt when I played with them. After a long day's session of building the perfect thing, I left my people in the bin, on the floor, or fixed in place in whatever epic battle I was interrupted in the middle of with bedtime. 

My daughter, done with her people for the night, tucked them in, and then had me tuck her in. 

When she plays with legos, she cares.

No comments: