Saturday, November 25, 2017

Christmas Trees

From Matthew's blog.
I was impressed. It's always kind of interesting to see how our hunt for the Christmas tree goes. I'll be forthright, I don't always like the adventure of trying to find the right tree. This year almost careened into disaster-land when we decided to attempt to find a new tree farm just by driving out towards the hills. I'm not good with wanderlust. I'm a find a place, go there, and ignore everything on the way kind of person. I'm also better at going to the same place I went last year sort of person too.

Regardless, once we decided that wandering around in the hills with about thirty miles of gas left in the car wasn't a good idea, we went to a farm we were familiar with and I swear had a tree picked out within about ten minutes of wandering around. That's expeditious! The kids were successful as well, and got two Charlie Brown small trees for their room. They demanded lights--multicolored lights of course because what kid loves classy-looking white lights like their boring parents? Today was officially Christmas season kick-off because virtually every other word out of their mouths had to do with Christmas.

We did a sanity check to be sure they understood the meaning of the season, and they promptly replied that we are celebrating Christ's birthday. Whew. Okay, they probably will only be thinking about Jesus Christ for brief, fleeting moments, but at least they know what it's about.

So, we have three trees in the house. They smell good. I'm pretty sure my daughter has a pair of scissors in the room and will give her tree periodic haircuts until all the needles are gone, but she's happy. That's good.


No comments: