Friday, November 10, 2017

Mama has a Birthday

Be still my mother's heart. At bedtime Boy Howdy asked for art supplies so he could make cards for my birthday. When I came to bed I found these two cards on my bedside table. Seeing Boy Howdy's writing "mom" melted my heart (he's just learned how to spell it) and Cheeks' portrait of me makes me so happy.

The next morning the kids were so excited to show me the rest of their creations they made me. Boy Howdy made some adorable cards with hearts and his own portrait of me complete with crazy hair and crown.

At one point after bedtime, Boy Howdy called down the stairs to ask about my favorite animal. I answered that it was the elephant. The drawing is Boy Howdy's rendition, the other is Cheeks'. Both make me so happy.


And here are my sweet girls' creations. She is such an abstract thinker that it makes sense that her artwork takes on the same form. I might not keep any of this but I love my jewels and smiley face with random bits of tape thrown in for good measure.

Boy Howdy put all of his "cards" in a suitcase. Cheeks' couldn't remember where she put hers. She was so very distraught. I tried consoling her that we would find them eventually but she was so eager to give them to me right then (first thing in the morning) she got back in bed crying. Hero mom to the rescue finally found them and boy was she so excited to show me each individual item she had created for me.

I felt so loved. For sure the best way to start my birthday. The rest of the day was just as lovely. Rain poured the night before leaving beautiful blue sky and a rainbow in the morning. Melissa, Jared and Charlotte met me for brunch while Cheeks was in preschool. My friend Danielle took Cheeks in the afternoon. I made a super yummy dinner with an even better cheesecake for dessert and had Danielle and her family over to help enjoy it with us.

The next night I got to go out for a yummy dinner and shopping date with my sweetheart. The weekend before I got to go to Time Out for Women with my sister, niece and their sister-in-law and had a completely wonderful experience. From beginning to end of my week of birthday was so fantastic. Yay good birthdays!!

No comments: