Saturday, December 30, 2017

One More 10-Miler

I can't believe my friend talked me into it, but I ran 10 miles one more time to finish off the year. On the cool-down walk back to the car, my friend, Emily, found this bottle cap on the ground and gave it to me. It was kind of perfect. I made my goal - 3 times!! I have a runner's watch, new running shoes, multiple sets of cute running clothes, and a developing runner's body. I ran close to 1,000 miles this past year. And yet I wouldn't call myself a runner. I'm not sure why but I always feel like a bit of a poser when I put on the watch or run in public even though for all intents and purposes what else could you call me? Maybe when I start enjoying it more? Maybe after another 1,000 miles, maybe someday I will finally think of myself as legitimate and  add runner to my list of hobbies.

1 comment:

Skip and Emma Booren said...

I am proud of you Sariah. That is an awesome accomplishment, especially for someone who doesn't particularly like running. Good job. Love, Dad.