Sunday, December 24, 2017

Cheeks tries Crab



The best part of my Christmas Eve may have been watching Cheeks try crab for the first time. We didn't eat much seafood growing up and it is not something I make as an adult. The kids have tried salmon - a HUGE hit but that's it. A family friend of my sister gave her an early Christmas present of freshly caught crabs. Because she loves her husband, she boiled them and served them along with the rest of Christmas Eve dinner despite her own aversion. Cheeks was off playing shortly after dinner started so she missed out on John pulling out unwashed pliers to serve as leg crackers. When she came back, John, now pro cracker, showed my curious daughter just how to use them to get her own crab meat. She LOVED it. She soon showed everyone still at the table just how determined, committed and hungry for that crab she was. I was thoroughly entertained, as was is my guess, the rest of the occupants at the table.

No comments: