Sunday, February 25, 2018

New House

When we moved to Salem, we found this house after relentlessly searching online for a few months. We weren't in a position to be able to come out before hand to look so I had my sister and realtor look at homes on our behalf. They didn't find anything they loved and so Matthew and I went back to the drawing board and found this one. Somehow, we both just knew that this was the house for us and tasked our realtor with checking it out for us. If she didn't hate it we were ready to put in an offer.

When we walked in to it the first time we were nonplussed. This is what we felt so good about just a few months previous?? But after a month of living in it we were so glad we made the right choice.

But then the light at the end of the student loan tunnel started getting brighter last fall and we started contemplating life in a house with all four walls of our very own. For the first almost 6 years of our marriage we were surrounded by others in apartments. Then we moved to Macungie and shared just two walls. Here in this house we only share one, but I think we might just be ready to share, gasp, none. So for the last 6 months we have been looking and dreaming.

A few weeks ago I found a house I kind of love. It's on the end of a cul de sac, it backs up to trees, has enough rooms for Boy Howdy to have the desire of his heart (his very own room), has a big enough garage for both Matthew and I to park inside, and has a space big enough for Matthew to have the desire of his heart (a pool table).

Yesterday Matthew and I had our realtor over to put an offer on said house and to finalize details of putting our house on the market later this week. I have been waiting and working towards this time for the last while, but now that it's kind of out of my hands I am feeling anxious. Is this really what the Lord wants for us? Will someone want to buy our house? Is it going to be as painful of a process as last time? Will we really have enough money to put down on the next house?

Right now I am fasting and praying for peace to get me through these next few weeks and faith to trust in a loving Heavenly Father's plan for my family. Come what may and love it.

No comments: