Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Our House Sold!

We put our house on the market last Thursday. That evening, we had our first showing, with about 30 minutes notice. Poor Matthew - I was out of town so he was left to tidy the house (which was clean, at least when I left early that morning). The following Tuesday our realtor informed us that they had put in an offer to buy our house.

Over the past few months I had been praying that there would be someone who NEEDED to buy our home. And honestly, I felt fairly sure Heavenly Father had it all in hand. So when I heard about the plight of our buyers, I recognized the answer to my prayers.

At least according to our realtor, the father is in the Navy and is deploying soon. He is trying to lock down a house for his family before leaving. They had already gotten denied on 10 other offers and were getting pretty desperate. They gave a full-price offer and clinched it with the clause stating they wouldn't ask for any repairs.

At first I felt bad to go back to the other people coming to look at our house in the next 24 hours and tell them they couldn't come after all, but Matthew and my realtor ensured me that they would somehow survive. So with that burden of guilt lifted, we both felt sure that this is the family Heavenly Father meant for our home. So after only 6 days we have both a house to move into and someone who wants to buy ours. Oh how thankful I am for such beautiful answers to prayers.

P.S. We should close on both houses at the end of April.

No comments: