Saturday, May 19, 2018

Cheeks has a recital


I believe I mentioned that Cheeks has started taking ballet. She still loves it, although her teacher is planning on offering a children's tap class at the end of the summer and I have convinced my very energetic daughter that tap might be more fun for her.

Every time we pass the ballet studio, she calls out to it to offer her salutations. This weekend she had her first dance recital. I'm pretty sure she loved just about every minute of it, especially when she got to be on stage. Last Halloween she forbade me from putting make up on her when she dressed up as a butterfly. She also rarely let's me do ANYTHING with her hair. But because it was required for dance she was surprisingly compliant about all the fuss.

Friday night Matthew, Boy Howdy and I went to watch the full recital. She kept saying she was too excited and she was going to try hard to be better for her Saturday show. I don't know how I feel about her chiding herself for her exuberance, but it was definitely evident when she danced. This little girl exuded pure joy and enthusiasm while she performed. It was wonderful to behold. I'm thankful I got to see my daughter in this new element of hers.





Top picture: Her with some of her class mates after the recital in their "popcorn" costumes.
Bottom picture left: Her at home getting her hair and makeup done.
Center picture: Her in the "fun room" waiting for her turn to dance.
Right picture: Her and her best friend G (dressed up as cotton candy). They aren't in the same class but still loved being together at the recital.

Left picture - Her professional recital photo.

No comments: