Friday, May 25, 2018

Father-Son Campout - Girls

Cheeks was so sad that she couldn't go camping with her father and brother. I thought there might be some other little girls equally sad so I organized an ice cream party for the mothers and daughters left behind. We had about nine women and their daughters over for a few hours Friday night. Cheeks was so dirty from playing outside but the only way I could convince her to bathe was to entice her with wearing a party dress afterwards.

About ten minutes prior to 6:30 (the start of the event), I had Cheeks take up her post by the front door to watch for guests. At one point she got a bit frustrated no one was coming so she opened the door and shouted to the neighborhood, "Hey, anyone want to come to our ice cream shocial?"

After a few women and their daughters arrived I asked if anyone wanted a tour. When we started, I noticed Cheeks had already taken her friends on one of their own. So glad my daughter is learning how to be a good host.

Overall a lovely evening, though as I put Cheeks to bed, several hours past her normal bedtime, she commented that people stayed too long and I should have kicked them out earlier. Sorry child.

No comments: