Sunday, September 15, 2013

Happy Mommy Moments

I'll be honest, I love my little girl, but adjusting to life with two children under the age of 16 months has not been easy for me - mentally, emotionally or physically. But even while I trudge through the haze of newborn days, life is still happy in the Marler abode. Here are a few reminders of why I love being a mom.
  • Wee Boy still likes being carried down the stairs in the morning to breakfast and I am still happy to oblige which means carrying him in one arm and Cheeks in the other. For some reason, I love this. Especially since it brings so much obvious joy to the boy child to come running into my open arm.
  • I absolutely love the funny faces Cheeks makes, generally as she is waking up. Sometimes she's a frog, sticking her tongue out, sometimes she's a monkey with her arms in the air. From her surprised look to her perplexed expression, I really do love my baby.
  • Our bed is a little tall and Wee Boy has finally figured out how to climb up onto it. So now when I am sitting in bed feeding Cheeks, he will come with book in hand for me to read to him. I love our little trio snug on my bed together.
  • I love daydreaming about what sort of relationship the two of them will have in the next six and twelve months as well as six to twelve years.
  • I think I mentioned this before, but one of the manifestations of Wee Boy's frustration with sharing his mommy time has been to become a lot more cuddly. Cuddles from a previously non-cuddler absolutely warms my heart.
So that's what I wanted to share. The two-child adventure has begun, and in some respects it's kicking my kiester, but there is still some joy in the journey to be found. Love.

2 comments:

Skip and Emma Booren said...

Love this post.

ME said...

I'm glad you wrote these all down.