Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sigh


This little girl perfectly embodies my feelings some days. Today we were all dressed, the house vacuumed and the bathrooms cleaned by 9:30 am. It was all I set for myself to accomplish today and I still had SO MUCH time. Days like today I feel every single minute of the day. I look at my watch, it's only 9:45? It's only 9:49? I don't want to just kill time with my sweet children, but some days we just feel really bored despite my best intentions.

"The years rush past, as every older woman will tell the young mothers who complain that they still have two little ones at home and  it seems like forever before they will all be in school.  Oh no, they say, time flies - enjoy them while they're young - they grow up so fast...
The mothers agree that indeed the years do fly.  It's the days that don't.  The hours, minutes of a single day sometimes just stop.  And a mother finds herself standing in the middle of a room wondering.  Wondering.  Years fly.  Of course they do.  But a mother can gag on a day."
--Jain Sherrard

No comments: