Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Boy Howdy is Thoughtful

Maybe it's because I really only see him interact with his little sister, but I've never pegged my sweet Boy Howdy as the most thoughtful of children. High-strung, yes. Smart, obedient, and passionate, yes. I'm sad to say that Boy Howdy was my obedient child and Cheeks was my kind child. And they still are those labels, but in the last month I have started to see a different side of my sweet little boy. He found an empty envelope and wanted to make a special card for his best friend, Charlotte. For Valentine's Day, he wanted me to read all the notes written on the Ninja Turtle cards he had picked out so he could make sure to give each person just the right card. He wanted to give extra valentine's cards to the children in his primary class and to other friends. Cheeks had no similar exacting intentions for her cards. She was actually pretty laissez faire about it all. Now it could just be because she is a year younger than her brother or maybe she is just sweet in her own special way, but I have LOVED seeing this other, tender and thoughtful side of my sweet little boy.

No comments: