Sunday, February 4, 2018

I Miss My Mama

I don't think I've mentioned that my parents sold their house in Virginia and left, in October, to serve a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They are in South Carolina working with Marine recruits going through Basic Training. My parents run church services, give out cookies, love, and throat lozenges. During the week, they volunteer at the Naval hospital, help out the other missionaries and all things serve the Lord. I think I can safely say they are LOVING every minute of their mission.

Sigh. Which makes me feel really super duper selfish when I confess that I miss my mama. Something fierce really. When they sold their house they came to Oregon and bought a house to live in when they are done with their mission in April 2019. The house is less then a mile from mine and the prospect of living close to my parents and to have them interact with my children on a more regular basis is making waiting patiently kind of excruciating. I never really knew any of my grandparents and it has always been a wish of mine that my children KNOW and LOVE theirs.

So while I am so proud of my parents for their giant leap of faith in lovingly serving their Heavenly Father and His children, I also hope everyday that the next 14 months goes by a little quicker.

No comments: