Saturday, August 25, 2018

Cheeks Turns 5



And just like that my baby is a 5-year old. Cheeks desperately wanted to go to the beach, to go to the pool, to go to Super Bounce. . . . Oh child. Like her brother, she had not expressed enough specific interest in a timely manner so I had already planned another birthday playdate, just like we do every year. So when she wanted to go to the Zoo, I told her, that's fine. We can go to the zoo, but that means we won't be able to invite any of your friends. . . . She relented and we made cupcakes to give away to her friends at her favorite local park. And she got to invite her new BFF O to come special. And then afterwards BFF O and BFF G got to come over for more playtime. This might be my last year of getting away with my lazy shenanigans. I'm okay with that, I think.

Decorating their own cakes/cupcakes might be my favorite birthday tradition. I hope they never think this is lame because seeing how they decorate is infinitely better than trying to conjure up the perfect unicorn or robot in cake form.

This year Cheeks got new clothes from Grandparents Marler, a new art set from Grandparents Booren, gardening tools and sunflower seeds, jewelry making beads, and new Fancy Nancy books.

I love my sweet Cheeks. She has become so social and yet still retains her independent streak. This girl loves cuddling though, sometimes I think she only loves it in theory because she still has such a hard time sitting still. But she definitely loves her family, her friends and being happy and making others happy too. I don't know what our family would be like without her. She is my sunshine and love Every Day.

No comments: