Friday, March 11, 2022

Zoo Trip

 




The kids had today off so their teachers could grade and the weather was perfect for being outside so my darling friend and her sweet boy accompanied us to the zoo. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I went to the zoo, and I don't think my kids can either so it was definitely worth it to experience in such lovely conditions. Emily and I both kept remarking at how amazing it is to go to the zoo with 8-9 year-olds. They are still so enthusiastic and adorable but they don't wander off, they don't whine, they don't need a stroller, and are generally just lovely human beings. The whole day was completely lovely - until we went to get their promised frozen yogurt. It closed. Probably due to Covid. Sad. So we had to be okay with Jamba Juice. Not nearly as exciting but still a fun treat. 

P.S. It was the last day of Oregon's mask mandate and honestly, we weren't sure when we needed to wear them and when we shouldn't. It was all very confusing.

No comments: