Thursday, January 14, 2010

I can finally let my secret out

And no, I'm not pregnant. Last summer Matt and I decided that although his current job here in the Wenatch is a good opportunity it isn't the direction he wants his career to take. So after, some soul searching, talking to good parents, and serious prayer, we decided the best course of action for Matthew to take is to head back for yet another graduate degree - this time an MBA. I always thought I'd kill Matt before I'd let him go back to school but everything so far has been falling into place and we both feel really good about the decision.
He did well on the GMAT, sent in his applications fairly early, and got a good response from his employer when we broke the news. He's applied to BYU, Penn State (no not Wharton), Michigan State, and MIT. I'm not not sure Matthew is leaning towards any particular school. They all have their pros and cons and I think Matt could go to any of them and feel perfectly happy with his choice. I'm just excited I can finally openly talk about it. It's been a major topic of conversation around our apartment for what seems like forever but since Wenatchee is a small town I was sworn to secrecy lest his employer find out before he was ready to commit to this endeavor.
But now that it's out, let me just say publicly that I hope and pray that when some new employer reviews his resume and sees Micro Biology undergrad, law school, patent license, and business school they don't think, crazy person who doesn't know what they want to do when they grow up but rather, this person is uniquely and perfectly qualified for just this position.
Wish us luck.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Good luck! (though moving to Massachusetts, Michigan, or Pennsylvania would be a great adventure, I'm still holding out for BYU so that maybe we can live in the same town again someday! That is, if Adam ever takes the GMAT and actually gets into BYU himself...)

Emily said...

Cool! It all would be fun...I totally know what you mean by living in a small town and not letting anything out.

Elizabeth said...

We are so excited for you and Matthew! I just saw your post on CC about flybacks. Mike only flew to the schools he really really wanted-- top choices. Can't wait to hear your news!!