Sunday, January 2, 2011

Suckahs and Lollipops

I was with my sister and nephews the other night in the car trying to make conversation with a 5 and 8-year old. My nephew Eddie (the former of the two boys) recently started kindergarten and while he's not a trouble maker, he's definitely not in love with the institution. He's lucky though. The majority of his class stays for all-day kindergarten, but because of his lack of enthusiasm and the fact that you have to pay for the second half of the day, Eddie gets to go home after lunch. I asked him if he said, "See ya suckahs" to his classmates before leaving, to which my sister hit my leg and told me not to teach them such things. Eddie said "no" and then he and his brother proceeded to think of other things he could tell his classmates on the way out the door. My favorite being, "See ya lollipops!" I'm so grateful for the innocence of these young boys (not that suckahs is really all that bad) and that to them suckahs are still linked with lollipops and other sweet treats.

3 comments:

ME said...

Yes thank you for trying to teach my sweet, innocent little boys to be defiant. Eddie especially needs tips in how to be ornery.

Anonymous said...

To my dear sister-in-law, I want you to know that I spent my lovely, quiet, all by myself in my bedroom and jammies birthday reading all your posts... back to leaving Oregon for the East Coast. I feel so guilty!!! First, We had a great time when you came to visit this summer! Has it really been almost six months since you visited?!? Isn't it time for another trip? We can play all the new card games that you and Matthew gave us for Christmas! Second, I can't believe I didn't hear about the apartment flooding! Ugh! So what happened?
Third, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the quilts you have been working on! I need to find time to go look at the sight you love. Maybe sometime we will have time for you to teach me! Third, I always thought you were popular, pretty, and intelligent.... and I am glad you feel you have found your place in PA. Must be those East Coasters :) Fourth, Nichole had already read me the post about the lollipops... too funny! She also said I could get an email when you post... please sign me up! I want to be in the Marler Know! I love you guys! Talk to you soon! Natalie

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

So funny, I love little kidisms! Like this last Summer when I caught Sam singing a song we had heard on the radio quite a few times. I asked her what she was singing and she said, "I'm a little truck and I need you now." I'm so glad that her innocence kept her from knowing the real lyrics: "I'm a little drunk and I need you now." Had me laughing!