Thursday, August 2, 2012

Life is Coming Together

While my life continues to be Wee Zachary and I hanging out together in a technically moved in house, I am starting to slowly but surely feel that we are no longer vagabonds but real-life homeowners. 

Case in point:

I have entered into the world of pinterest now that I have a real home to decorate and money to decorate with. I am excited to start implementing some of the cute things I've found, but the first one I've ventured trying was hanging some of my hats. I personally think it looks cute, but now the poor things won't get crushed hanging out in my closet. So proud of myself.

For forever, we ate on a small two person (four in a clutch) table that was really better suited as a small breakfast table nook or a patio table then a dining room table. But I bought this on Craig's list and recovered the chairs from a lame camel-colored faux suede to this fun terra cotta. This definitely fits my personality better. In the background, you might also notice that I have some shear curtains that I sewed myself. I'm not sure I'm in love with them, but they do the job and again, I feel very proud of myself.

Finally, while you will note that there are still pictures on the ground that need hanging and a tv sitting on what used to be our coffee table, there are at least a few things that have been hung up. It's too bad that Matthew and I are now considering installing a bookcase to span the entire wall that will mean my cute little shelves will eventually come down. But for now, I have something on my wall that says we actually live here.

It's coming together, but right now I am confident that I need my mommy if I am ever to do anything really super fabulous. Hint!!!

1 comment:

Camden and Amber said...

You are super cute and I LOOOOVE your chair cushion fabric!

I had a dream that I was your visiting teacher. Every month I dutifully drove to Allentown and thoroughly enjoyed our visits. Miss your guts.